Laughing Kate at Singapore Botanical Gardens last year,
The odds are 50/50 so it’s not like we’d know if she was lying or not and W&K probably don’t want the media knowing quite yet.
Seven Deadly Sins 4/7
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge-Sloth
Sloth (Latin, Socordia) can entail different vices. While sloth is sometimes defined as physical laziness, spiritual laziness is emphasized.
Favorite Catherine Middleton Outfits (in no particular order): Visit to the National Portrait Gallery, 01.11.13
I’m astounded that people are saying they don’t believe The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant.
I mean, seriously? Do you think the palace would just make announcements like that willy-nilly? It was probably triple checked before the announcement was drafted, and then checked once more before it was released.
Nah. She’s faking it. Like Beyonce. She was really in the hospital for a boob job.
After observing the royal fandom in 2012, here, humbly and respectfully are my wishes, a couple of days early but nevermind, for a happy fandom in 2013:
1. Let’s read things properly, and then read them again before jumping down each other’s throats with our opinions.
2. Understand that 95% of everything written about the royals by the media is bullshit, complete, fictional garbage. Especially on the internet.
3. Members of the royal families are real people, not fictional characters. As such, they deserve to be treated in the cyber world as you would in real life, with a level of basic human decency - just as ALL people should be. People who can’t do this should go and sit in the naughty corner until they grow up - metaphorically speaking. Basic rule of thumb - could I say what I’m typing about this person if I were face to face with them? If you can’t answer yes to that question, maybe you shouldn’t press ‘create post’ on that……
4. ‘Hating’ on anyone, royal or otherwise, is VERY, VERY sad. If you don’t like someone WHY do you keep going on about them? Honestly it makes you seem vindictive, like someone who has a weird fixation. Make a change, turn it around, concentrate on what you do like/love. To quote an old adage ‘if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything’.
5. Some people have very fixed views about certain royal people or events - and no appeal to them or argument will change that - if you don’t like their opinions - block them, ignore them. Follow the people you do like or find agreeable, life really is too short to spend it fighting on Tumblr with people who will never agree with you.
6. Opinions are NOT FACTS they’re just someone’s point of view and everyone is entitled to their opinion about the royals, even if it makes our blood boil. If you just CAN’T ignore another person’s POV, and/or you like a healthy argument, try not to fall into the trap of personally insulting people who hold a different view. Even when you vehemently disagree, you can choose to be classy and rise above it, just make your point, politely, and don’t get dragged down.
7. Don’t give internet trolls the oxygen of publicity. Ignore them COMPLETELY. Because they are IDIOTS.
8. The whole point of Tumblr is to have fun, maybe learn something and share in interests about the people and things we enjoy and like. No-one else can take that enjoyment from us unless we allow them to - by getting angry or wound up - so don’t let that happen.
And relax, lol. There should be much to enjoy in the fandom in 2013. Here’s wishing all you royal watchers out there a happy and healthy 2013.
I have heard Kate is approximately ten weeks pregnant. So this is what the royal fetus looks like now. It may seem very human looking, but it’s only one inch from top to bottom! If you think you’ve seen a baby bump, you’re deluded.
Also pregnancy is calculated from last menstrual cycle, not date of conception, so if Kate is ten weeks along, she and Wills did the dirty deed about eight weeks ago.
UGH! You fail at medicine! You win at victim blaming!
"HG is not just morning sickness, it’s utter misery. I know women who have terminated very much wanted pregnancies because of how sick they were. I hope the doctors manage to get it under control so she can just feel awful instead of like she’s at death’s door."
"My HG lasted my entire pregnancy. I lost 20 pounds during my first trimester. I couldn’t even drink water without throwing up. I was forced to get fluids intravenously because I was so dehydrated. The dehydration caused splitting headaches. Zofran+Unisom+B6 helped a little in my second trimester, but I went from barfing 20 times a day to 6 or 7 times each day. Hours after I delivered my child, as my hormone levels began the rapid plummet, however, I felt better than I’d ever felt in 9 months. I was walking around, I had my appetite back. The post-delivery pain was literally NOTHING in comparison to the horror of 8.5 months with HG."
"I had HG with my son. It was hell on earth. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I’ve had multiple heart surgeries; HG was worse, a thousand times over. I would throw up 10-15 times per day (on the medication, maybe only 5 times) and every day was a battle to keep enough food down to grow a baby. I was hospitalized and put on bedrest because all the vomiting was causing contractions and they were scared I was going to go into labor at 26 weeks. The only way I can describe it is that it’s like having the worst food poisoning you’ve ever had, only all day and night EVERY day and night for eight months. I threw up for the last time two days after I delivered. I am very seriously considering my options for a second child without having to be pregnant - the chance of getting HG again is only about 2%, but it is enough to make us consider adoption, I just could not go through that hell again. I am so, so sorry for Kate and anyone else who has or has had HG."
"I had HG when I was pregnant with my son. It was nothing short of horrific. I was throwing up at least 10-12 times a day. I couldn’t keep down anything, not even water. I couldn’t work and was on bed rest. I saw my doctor every few days for shots full of vitamins and anti-nausea medication (which basically was like a tranquilizer - it just made me sleep). I cried. A lot. I had lost my first baby and followed that up with 3 years of infertility. I wanted to be pregnant more than anything in the world. But during those months I questioned that desire. I didn’t want to not be pregnant, I wanted to not be so violently ill. Thankfully my HG went away around 14 weeks. But it was the single worst physical experience I have ever had. I wasn’t even afraid of birth. I knew that would be over in a day, or two at most. HG was non-stop agony for months on end."
So, ummm, poor Kate!
-I have learned that many people in this fandom hold Kate to a significantly higher standard than Harry. In some cases this is because she’s a woman, in other cases it’s because of a preexisting bias. Kate is also expected to be significantly shrewder and more cautious than Harry. She should have seen this coming.
-I have seen far more anger and hatred directed at the girls who took photos of Harry after he willingly invited them to his room and stripped naked than against the pervy paparazzo who basically stalked Kate and photographed her without her even knowing he was there.
-I have seen people completely disregard all logic and sense of judgement and condemned the royal family, and even HM, because they feel more has been done to protect Kate than Harry. They do this while still claiming the royal family doesn’t even like Kate.
-I have seen people both in the fandom and outside of it call Kate a slut, whore, bitch, and insinuate she was intentionally seeking attention. To be fair, I have seen similar things said about Harry, but with Harry it’s always under the context of him just being a fun guy, letting off steam, and showing off. With Kate, it is under the context of this being a serious and destructive personality flaw that is harmful to the monarchy.
-Among those who feel Kate was responsible for her predicament, the blame is primarily placed on Kate, and William, if mentioned at all, is a secondary concern. But surely, if Kate is responsible for the photos being taken, William, having been there, acting in a similar manner, and knowing the dangers of paparazzi better than Kate would, is equally responsible. This is very different to Harry’s case where Harry is clearly primarily responsible yet blame is being spread around to dozens of other people, even those not at all involved like Prince Andrew and the Middletons.
-I remember thinking, back when the Harry scandal broke, that I was glad most of the fandom was sympathetic to him, but I strongly suspected they would not feel the same way if it were William or Kate. I am very suprised, and disappointed, how quickly I was proven right.
Does this mean I think Kate is, outside the context of this scandal, a more sympathetic and morally righteous figure than Harry? No. Does this mean I am no longer a Harry fan or more of a Kate fan than I was before? No. What this does mean is that I feel like we should be able to use logic to examine situations and determine fault outside of out own personal feelings. We have every right to be subjective and have our own preferences, but that doesn’t extend to believing that when someone you like does something it’s okay but when someone you don’t like does it it’s unacceptable.