1. You can like someone while still acknowledging that they have made serious mistakes. Whether you like someone or dislike someone, they are not defined by the worst things they’ve done or their worst qualities.
2. It’s better to just say you don’t like a royal for a petty or irrational reason than to make false accusations against them to justify your feelings. No one is going to like every royal; we all have that person we can’t stand and we all have our own reasons that make sense to us. They don’t have to make sense to everyone else.
3. In this fandom, we all want to make friends. I have some very wonderful friends from Tumblr. There are also people I don’t know and might like to know better. Not everyone is going to like what you’re doing but there’s always someone who will. Try to make friends! It’s okay to reach out to people. This is the internet, not high school. We want to hear from you. Don’t be depressed if you’re not getting submissions about you on RoyalFandomFTW or if you don’t get nice anons. Instead try reaching out to people who share your interests. You can start with me if you want!
4. That said, there are also people in the fandom you aren’t going to like. Everyone has enemies. There are a couple of people I honestly can’t stand and I have a damn good reason in both cases. This is normal. You can call someone out if you honestly think they’re lying, but at the end of the day you’ll be happier if you focus on the positive rather than the negative. Associate yourself with the people you like, not the people you hate.
5. There is a difference between an opinion you disagree with and something that is legitimately defamatory. I’ve always felt there are certain allegations its always wrong to make without evidence, allegations such as pedophilia, domestic violence, rape, and endorsement of, or involvement in, genocide. Laziness and partying are not among those allegations. You may disagree with it and you have every right to present your evidence in defense of your fav, but you probably won’t win anyone to your side making a big deal out of it.
6. You don’t know what goes on in someone’s heart. The polite thing to do is take their word for it. Leave shippers in peace. If the relationship hasn’t ended yet there’s absolutely no reason for you to decide it’s a failure.
7. We’re all weirdos. If you’re here you’re just as bad as the rest of us.
8. You aren’t the royal police. You don’t get to decide who is appropriate to marry into a family or how they’re allowed to act. You get an opinion just like everyone else does but unless you’re a monarch it doesn’t carry much weight.
9. The reason there’s so much drama in this fandom, and others, is that most people like it. They say they don’t, but the majority do. Until they end up in the middle of it. Then all of a sudden it’s no fun anymore. All of that pleasure people get from drama comes at the expense of others. Unless the person at the center is either a masochist or a troll, but even that backfires eventually.
10. Eventually Harry’s not going to be hot anymore. It just can’t be helped. Sorry.